10.23.2006

NY Times columnists

I listen to the NY Times pretty much everyday via audible.com. I really enjoy listening to the columns by Thomas Friedman and David Brooks because I share their outlook on most issues. The more liberal columnists Paul Krugman and Bob Herbert occasionally have good things to say, but today their columns were downright disappointing. They show how some in the Democratic party still don't get it when it comes to what the American people want. Krugman's column "Don't make nice" advocates that the Democrats engage in vicious partisanship if they win one or both houses of congress this fall. Huh? People want more partisanship?! I guess I didn't get that memo. The other column by Herbert, "The Obama Bandwagon", encourages Barack Obama not to run for president. I don't quite understand where the Democratic party is coming from sometimes. As a moderate, Obama is the only Democratic candidate I would consider supporting in a race against John McCain, and I suspect this is true for many others as well. Obama and McCain are appealing because they inspire Hope for those who long for a more collaborative, moderate, functioning democracy. If Democrats want to lose again, go ahead and nominate Hillary Clinton. Sure, she's been taking more moderate positions, but her personality won't fly. I heard a professor at my school who has talked to her and strongly supports her describe her as "intimidating". This is coming from a woman who I can't imagine being intimidated by anyone. That's my 2 cents worth anyway. I could be completely wrong as I am young and idealistic. However my feeling is that the majority of Americans want "uniters", not "dividers" to be their elected officials. I can only pray that this is true.

1 Comments:

At 02:45 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi .....

upcoming edition of The Journal of Law Economics and Organization."Incentives


bbs pic sex teen
breast health teen
lovelyanne nude
teen sex pics
free teens
hot teens
teen models
teens home
sexy teens
hegre archives


matter," Klick said. "They matter even in activities as primal as sex,
and they

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home