12.11.2003

I haven't posted in awhile, so I thought I should go ahead and put something up. I intended to post about Thanksgiving (ran in Turkey trot, had dinner with family, visted grandparents) and working at the refugee clinic (bottom line: kids don't like shots), but those times are past so I'll talk about something more current. Specifically, anatomy. I have to learn this stuff for my exam next week, so I thought I'd share a little bit with you. Last week we dissected the knee and learned about the anterior cruciate ligament. The anterior cruciate ligament connects the tibia to the lateral epicondyle of the femur and prevents excess forward movement of the tibia with respect to the femur. Just yesterday I realized that the anterior cruciate ligament is the same thing as the commonly torn ACL (duh!). For bonus information you also have a posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) which prevents backward movement of the tibia with respect to the femur. Now you can impress friends and family with this new knowledge. For double bonus I'm posting a picture of the ACL that I borrowed from http://www.pitt.edu/~msrc/labgroups1.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home