2.22.2009

personal epublishing

essays, blogs, microblogging, links, status updates, etc.

Personal website, Facebook, Digg, Twitter, Blogger...so many options with overlapping functions.

I haven't really found the ideal way to manage online communication. I currently do this primarily through Facebook status updates, notes, links to articles, and rarely by updating my blog. Sometimes though I would like to write a status update that's about a paragraph long. Clearly too long. But I consider it too trivial to write a blog post about. And also off topic from what I'd like my blog to be about: science, medicine and society. On the other hand, I rarely update my blog and when I do it comes out more like an essay that I spend a couple of hours writing, editing, inserting links & formating them to popup in a new window, uploading pictures, etc.

I also sometimes run out of room to comment on an article link shared on Facebook. These should probably be blog posts instead. So I'm going to be more active about using my blog as a communication tool and relax my criteria for what's on topic. There will probably still be a lot of medicine/science content. But also other interests like politics, art/design, business/economics, random observations and other stuff I've been up to or thinking about. Which I guess is the point of a blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home